Tomsbloggerspot

A comment place... A fiber-optic coffee house

Name:
Location: Conyers, Georgia, United States

Retired Lighting Engineer. Widower, Hobbies include Amateur Radio, Aircraft, and Designing lighting fixtures with huge LEDs for a friend.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Has anyone seen my best friend?

Has anyone seen my best friend? We were walking along hand in hand just a short time ago when someone called out "Rose...I need you to come home". Now she can't come out and play, and I can no longer walk. My canes gave way to a walker and a wheelchair some months ago.

I call out to her every day..."Rose...Will you come back and play". But she can't. She has to stay in her new home now...But I know she waits for me.

Rose finished her mission early. Me?? Well I am a procrastinator, so my mission continues. There are things I have to finish first, then I can go and be with my Rose again. This time we will not be separated! And I know exactly what I'll say when I see my Rose again.... I'll say "Rose Marie, will you PLEASE marry me" (for the umteen millionth time)...And she will smile that smile of all smiles, make me wait for the answer, and then with that melody voice of hers she'll say "Yes Tom Burnet, I'll marry you again and again"... That's my Rose!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Mary said...

whoa!! Can you put a warning next time-something like "kleenex required". That was such a gut wrenching entry.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yes I know Mom and I "were a handful" Dawn... I think that's what drove some folks nuts!! I wish I had the wordsmith capabilities to state it more succinctly. It remains the kind of relationship where two people live solely for each other with no agenda or secondary goal. Perhaps a warning should have been included, but then I know that you know exactly how I feel, and how very much I miss my partner!!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home